1. What Data We Get
1.1 Account Data
In order to use certain features, you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, and mailing address, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
1.2 Communications and Support
1.3 Data We Collect through Automated Means
1.3a System Data
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).
1.3b Usage Data
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services (“Usage Data”).
1.3c Approximate Geographic Data
An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
TAOS uses the following types of cookies:
Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like letting you reorder without requiring an assessment within a specific window of time.).
Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your product purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities, including purchase checkout will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics, VWO, and ZenDesk on the Services. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services like Yahoo, Outbrain, Facebook, Google’s ad services, and other ad networks and ad servers to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data (as detailed in Section 1), and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services, and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information such as notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information about new products, services, features, promotions, newsletters, and other information (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by TAOS;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Tailor advertisements
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track website usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with sales associates, distribution partners and other companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Business Partners: We have agreements with other websites and platforms to drive traffic to theartofonlinemarketing.com. Depending on your location, we may share your data with these partners.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, or Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1)
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: We may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you. To learn more or opt out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 6.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your Data) below. Note that if you opt out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of The Art of Sound Healing, Inc., our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- During a Change in Control: If The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and The Art o Online Marketing, Inc., the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
6.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or contacting us at email@example.com with your request. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared. You can manage Adobe’s LSOs at their Website Storage Settings panel.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics, ZoomInfo, or to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that TAOS collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account, email us at email@example.com.
- To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at The Art of Sound Healing, Inc., Attn: Privacy/Legal Team, 17772 Irvine Blvd. Suite 102-A Tustin, CA 92780. Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
6.3 Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 18 should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to email@example.com.
7. Jurisdiction-Specific Rules
If you live in California, you have certain rights to request information. Users outside of the United States should note that we transfer data to the US and other areas outside of the European Economic Area.
7.1 Users in California
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “California Shine the Light” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
Since the internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, solutions, and implementations, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
7.2 Users Outside of the U.S.
The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. is headquartered in California, and in order to provide the Services to you, in many cases, we must transfer your data to the United States and process it there. By visiting or using our Services, you consent to storage of your data on servers located in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your data in and to the United States or other countries. Specifically, personal data collected in Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) is transferred and stored outside those areas.
That data is also processed outside of Switzerland and the EEA by The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. group companies, or our service providers, including to process transactions, facilitate payments, and provide support services as described in Section 4. We have entered into data processing agreements with our service providers that restrict and regulate their processing of your data on our behalf. By submitting your data or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing by The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. and its processors.
8. Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on theartofonlinemarketing.com. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to our websites to make the site easier to use.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into theartofonlinemarketing.com. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
Authentication and security
- To log you into theartofonlinemarketing.com
- To protect your security
- To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate The Art of Sound Healing, Inc.’s agreements
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to theartofonlinemarketing.com and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember data about your browser and your preferences
- To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit.
Analytics and research
To help us improve and understand how people use theartofonlinemarketing.com
For example, cookies help us test different versions of our websites to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with our websites, like the links you click on.
You can opt out of some of these services through tools like the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
To customize The Art of Sound Healing, Inc. websites with more relevant content.
To provide you with more relevant advertising
For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
To learn more about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site.
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
What are my privacy options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookies and Website Storage Settings panel.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info